Pterra is an independent consulting company that specializes in services to the electric power industry
To specific analytical or expert matters, Pterra’s Principals apply over 100 years of cumulative industry experience to find creative and innovative solutions and resolutions. Our Principals come from diverse backgrounds in power system operations, transmission planning, electrical design, industrial analysis, software development and equipment manufacturing. And yet, our work is fully independent of manufacturing, software, utility, project developer and other entities participating in today’s energy markets.
In all our engagements, Pterra’s Principals are committed to excellence, quality and timeliness. Our small business approach to service offers you flexibility in adopting to your specific needs and one-on-one communications with our staff.
Pterra offers consulting services in the following areas:
- Strategic assessment of future investments involving transmission and distribution grids
- Large-scale network analysis and application of power flows, short circuit, contingency analysis and stability simulations
- Voltage control and reactive power planning and analysis
- Fatal-flaw, feasibility, interconnection and transmission impact studies for proposed new generation or power system facilities
- Power system equipment modeling and simulation
- Distribution planning and analysis
For more information, visit our website: www.pterra.com.